Amy Slennett's Five C's of Trunk-or-Treat
You may know Amy Slennett as the Director of Pathfinder Kids, but did you know that she is also our resident Trunk-or-Treat expert?
Year after year, Amy travels the expanse of DuPage County visiting dozens of Trunk-or-Treats with her family. Amy basically has a blackbelt in Trunk-or-Treating. Early polls are predicting her as the clear winner of MCT (Most Creative Trunk) this year. Earlier this week, I had the honor of sitting down with Amy as she gave us the inside scoop on why Trunk-or-Treat is the event you won’t want to miss this Fall season.
Here are Amy’s Top 5 Reasons to Trunk-or-Treat:
- Creativity. It’s so much fun to see how all the trunks are decorated! It’s even more fun to see kids all dressed up in their costumes.
- Community. What a great event to connect with old friends and meet new people in the community.
- Contained space. It’s safe for our kids. There’s no need to worry about crossing streets or cars moving too fast.
- Chow. Come hungry as we’ve struck a deal with a local food truck that serves hot dogs!
- Candy and more! Come and experience free candy, games for kids, face-painting, and a photo booth so that you can remember all the great costumes and fun you had at Trunk-or-Treat!
There you have it. Expert advice on why Trunk-or-Treating is a can’t-miss event! And if that wasn’t enough, did you know that Trunk-or-Treat was awarded the #1 activity on the list, Best Fall Activities That Begin With the Word ‘Trunk’? So come and join us on Sunday, October 27 at 11:00 AM in the parking lot of Pathway Community Church. Click HERE for more information about the event. See you there!