Pathway's 10 year anniversary
As I reflect back over 10 years I am thankful! Give thanks to the LORD for his steadfast love and faithfulness.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for those of you who served on the launch team of 40 people to help get Pathway started.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for the way God changed the owner of the York theatre, Shirley Johnson’s mind to allow us to meet here in the York Theatre.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for the great staff God has provided over the years including current staff - Joshua and Amy and Jason and now Jennifer. God has faithfully provided the right people with the right gifts at the right time.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for faithfully meeting our financial needs through you.
• I’m Thankful to God for providing you humble men to serve as our elders, including our current elders Bob and Steve and Jim and Joshua.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for those of you who serve faithfully behind the scenes as Deacons and Deaconess Hospitality, Benevolence, Missions, Finances.
• I’m Thankful for how God sustained comforted us through death of Eli on HS youth trip.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD that through you we were able to help plant New Hope Christian Church in Round Lake Beach.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for opportunity to invest in Tone Benedict who went out to plant church in Jackson FL.
• Thankful to the LORD we were able to send out Jay and Sandy Abraham to Sierra Leon as medical missionaries.
• I’m Thankful that 4 of you volunteered to donate kidney for Chris Jenkins and 1 of you was a perfect match.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for partnership with Cru and Elmhurst College and now after graduating some have continued at Pathway.
• I’m Thankful for being part of the One worship gatherings in Elmhurst to see we are part of something bigger.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for those of you who are now at Pathway b/c of the campus we started in Addison.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for the hundreds of boxes we have sent out through operation Christmas child.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for all the families you have served in the Elmhurst community each Christmas through at Adopt a Family.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for the opportunity to invest in future pastors/leaders Tone benedict, Wade Urig, Sam Speck
• I’m Thankful for the many ways God has been at work here over the 10 years living together proposing, far from Christ finding life and hope in Jesus . People walking by theatre come in and hear message of good news and become Christians. People hearing message on not having sex outside of marriage go out back next to dumpster and propose and get married that week.
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for all of you who have gone public with your faith in Jesus and been baptized over 125 people since we started.
• Thankful to the LORD for the many many ways you have sacrificially loved and cared for each other over the years furnance, cars, rent, utilities, gifts, etc.
• Thankful to the LORD for those of you who serve the LORD faithfully in so many ways. Prayer, Set-up clean up, finances, etc
• I’m Thankful to the LORD for those of you who serve PFK> Listen: we know it is not the best set up and we continue to look for space have team right now looking.
• I’m Thankful for partnership with CareNet and opening of CareNet Elmhurst out of our office.
• Thankful to the LORD for teaching us how everything we do is to be in line with the gospel.
More in Thoughts from our Pastors
May 2, 2019Forgiveness vs. Reconciliation - What's the Difference?
March 15, 20197 Questions to Ask about the Gray Areas in Your Life
February 17, 2019Why it's important to celebrate Black History Month